ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12 conference update

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since we've brought up any news on realignment, TV deals and additional schools to the Pac-12.

Let's start this off by saying that the Pac-12 still feels like it will be in position to secure a TV/online contract where most of the games are on TV, but a good chunk will be on Apple, or Amazon. Those two companies are players in these talks.

Now, all the talk about providers such as CW, ION, FreeForm or any non-sports related channels being in the conversation are completely false and falsely reported by some national media members.

Now, with that being said. The TV deal has taken longer than expected and I'm sure this has made some of the conference members a little uneasy. Yes, I'm sure Arizona, ASU, Oregon, Washington and Colorado have talked to the Big 12, or Big Ten. However, that is just ADs doing their job by keeping all doors open. Still, all the schools are committed to the conference.

The more we get closer to training camp with a TV deal, the higher the odds are someone gets nervous and jumps ship.

The last I've heard, the Pac-12 feels that it will have a deal done sometime mid-June or early July. That is the word as of right now.

When the deal is done, you will see the conference add two programs making it the Pac-12 again. One of those programs for sure is SDSU and they are getting things ready for the move to the conference. The other is up in the air, and programs being talked about are SMU (originally wasn't), UNLV and Fresno State. Now, there could be a sleeper, but those are the three main programs talked about as the second add.

Reactions: hmuir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News