ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Smith

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
I caught up with Ray Smith and I'll have some stories coming soon with the Arizona signee, but he said it has been a tough time for him watching all the all-star games taking place this time of year knowing that if he had not had his injury he would have likely been there. The McDonald's game is the big one that really disappointed him most, but he said Arizona's staff and his father have been trying to get him to think about the future rather than the what ifs.

At this point he said he is 100 percent and ready to go for the summer and he's looking forward to getting out to Tucson. He is set to arrive June 6 to get going with his college career. I asked him about all the uncertainty at his position - the small forward spot - and he has just tried to stay focused on himself and getting better as everything else with Stanley Johnson's decision and the Damion Lee talk plays out.

Smith is a great kid and right now he has the right mindset to get things going once he gets to Tucson. Be on the look out for a couple different stories with the future Wildcat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News