ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Norris is ready to decide

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Five-star 2018 power forward Miles Norris is ready to make his decision. The La Mesa (Calif.) Helix standout announced his plans to make his commitment public tomorrow. At this point barring some kind of surprise I would expect that Oregon is spot. It has recently been down to Arizona and Oregon, but the spots aren't unlimited in the front court and the Wildcats have some bigger fish they are after. Don't think that hasn't been put out there a bit.

I don't like to talk badly about recruits, but I have not been impressed with Norris lately. He feels like he has taken a step back in his game. He has a ton of upside, but it still needs to be developed some more. After watching him with a few other media members earlier in the spring someone brought up the name Chance Comanche as a comp and I agreed. He certainly has a lot of the same traits with his ability to play in transition and step away from the basket for jump shots and he needs to add some weight as well. When you already have Shareef O'Neal on board and are after guys like Marvin Bagley and Bol Bol there just isn't a ton of room for others. It puts UA in a tough spot because taking Norris right now means you're losing out on some guys you might rather have later on. Not to mention Taeshon Cherry is still out there as well.

5912114645fb4-IMG_1409.JPG

In the 2018 class there are a number of versatile big forwards and Arizona is in the mix with all of them. That's when it gets tough as a program because the coaching staff has to maneuver that. It's not a bad spot to be in but it means some decisions have to be made.

If it by some chance ends up being Arizona that means some others are going to be off the table moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News