ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Jackson latest

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
So here's the latest with Jackson in case you weren't following the other thread and there is a lot of misinformation out there that I'll try and make some sense of here. He was at Michigan State's game Tuesday night at The Palace to watch the Spartans take on Oakland. It's not a visit of any kind (I had seen that out there from someone saying it was an official visit). It's off campus so it isn't any kind of visit. He's there because his Prolific Prep squad has a game coming up in Michigan soon and of course he is a native of Michigan as well.

Anyway, he spoke with Rico Beard from the Michigan State Rivals site while there and Jackson let him know that he was down to two programs - Arizona and Michigan State.

Jackson's travel ball team, which is sponsored by Under Armour and was founded by his mother, has a Twitter account that is doing everything it can to disprove the report from Beard and had a series of tweets that even included the word "hoax" at one point. Jackson's camp is also denying that any cut to his list has been made at this point.

Whether they want to say it or not it is no real surprise that his recruitment is down to those schools anyway, but that is where the confusion comes in right now. He does have an official visit to Kansas in the works and a trip to Michigan State seems only a matter of scheduling it at this stage. Everything behind the scenes has pointed to Arizona and Michigan State being the final two so him actually saying it is not as huge as it seems or people are making it seem.

This recruitment is going to be anything but normal and there are a lot of parts to it. It is not as simple as most people think. The best way to describe it is what I said in the other thread in that there are a lot of moving parts to it and that is one reason it will almost assuredly take until the spring for a decision. At this point Jackson has no rush to make a decision and it really benefits him in no way to make a choice right now. He has no idea who will be on the rosters later in the season and it just doesn't make any sense since he can't sign until the spring anyway.

Now that this got out it really wouldn't surprise me to see Jackson's camp completely shut things down in terms of media, which it has mostly done at this point anyway. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but Arizona continues to feel like it is in a good spot as does Michigan State. This is just one you will have to buckle yourself in for.

Reactions: AYYETONY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News