ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday's practice

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Arizona practiced earlier this morning and Rich Rodriguez gave the team the choice of going in the morning before classes or going with the usual afternoon practice in the heat. The team opted for the morning and Rodriguez said he was a little surprised by the decision but it gives the team a little more time to meet later today.

* There was not much different that we were able to learn Wednesday morning that we didn't learn Tuesday with practice being closed this week. However, I still would be completely surprised if Anu Solomon is out there Saturday.

* Brandon Dawkins stayed after practice today to throw with some of the first unit receivers as the team continues to prepare for Stanford. I still think Jerrard Randall gets the start but I wouldn't be overly surprised if Dawkins gets in the game some.

* I feel a little more confident about Derrick Turituri potentially playing this weekend, but I don't get the sense that is completely settled yet.

* Rodriguez seemed pretty pleased with how the week is going. Tuesday is always the big work day for UA and he mentioned that the intensity was turned up a little bit more yesterday so it was good to go with a little easier practice today.

Reactions: AYYETONY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News