ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday morning offers

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Arizona has its coaches out on the road as the spring evaluation period gets underway. That means new offers will continue to go out and there have already been a couple this morning. Here is a look at the new UA targets.

Ja'Marr Chase - Metairie (La.) Rummel

The four-star receiver from Louisiana added his 34th offer today as the Wildcats joined his massive list. The 6-foot-2 prospect is currently ranked No. 186 overall in the 2018 class and seventh-best receiver in his state. Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, TCU, Tennessee and Washington State are some of his offers already on the table. Earlier in the year Chase was one of the recruits from Louisiana who committed and decommitted in a short span. It took just a few days for the four-star receiver to pull back on his commitment, but that hasn't scared other programs away.

Texas Tech and LSU have emerged as frontrunners in his recruitment, but he has continued to add offers as things head into the spring.

“I’m trying to break my list down even more and take visits to the schools I’m really seriously considering," he told Rivals.com last month. "I might to go five schools this summer if I can narrow it down. Right now I have Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, TCU, Ole Miss, and Florida as the schools I really want to visit and see again this summer.”

Jonathan King - Tampa (Fla.) Tampa Bay Tech

The three-star defensive end from Florida added the Wildcats to his list in the morning as well. The 6-foot-3 recruit has a lengthy offer list as well with close to 20 schools already pulling the trigger in his recruitment. Arkansas, Florida, Maryland, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina and Tennessee are some of the offers he has compiled so far.

Florida has had King on campus numerous times but he has yet to come out with any type of list in his recruitment. The defensive line crop is not deep in Florida this year and that has meant plenty of those offers coming King's way.

Jahmile Addae has been building some nice momentum in Las Vegas and as Arizona's Tampa recruiter the program is hopeful he can build something in that area as well with the team continuing to look there for prospects. UA has already offered Tampa Bay Tech quarterback Michael Penix Jr. in the 2018 class as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News