ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers to watch: 2021 offseason

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Considering it is likely to be a busy offseason when it comes to Arizona looking at transfers in the NCAA Transfer Portal I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread and keep things centralized moving ahead this offseason.

This will be a running list of names that end up getting linked to the Wildcats where I can provide updates on each situation as they all play out in the coming weeks and months.

UPDATES

I'll start with a meaningful name and one well known by Arizona fans. Today, Colorado freshman outside linebacker Jason Harris has entered the transfer portal after just one season with the Buffaloes. He signed to play for Mel Tucker before the former CU coach left to Michigan State and Harris did not get to play in any games this season under new head coach Karl Dorrell. He did suit up for four games, however. The feeling right now is that Arizona is the early leader to land the former high three-star recruit thanks, in part, to the hiring of Ricky Hunley today. He could ultimately entertain some other offers, but right now Arizona is in good shape to land him and will actively pursue him now that he has entered the transfer portal. He will have four seasons of eligibility at his next stop plus a redshirt season should he need it. The NCAA is expected to pass a one-time transfer rule in January that would allow recruits to make a move to a new school without having to sit out one time in their career. So, if Harris does decide to play for the Wildcats he would likely be eligible to play right away in 2021.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News