ADVERTISEMENT

Section 7 interview with Tommy Lloyd

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, Matt and I are at the Section 7 event out in Phoenix looking at players that Arizona has interest in. While here, we had an opportunity to interview coach Tommy Lloyd about the off-season and the way the roster is shaping up.

So far this off-season, Arizona has added two transfers in Cedric Henderson (Campbell) and Courtney Ramey (Texas) to the roster after losing Benn Mathurin, Chrisitan Koloko and Dalen Terry to the NBA draft.

Here's what coach Lloyd had to say about the Wildcats being diligent about who they added:

"There's reasons you take your time and one of them is you don't know exactly what the opportunity is going to look like. Then some of the guys we need to be involved with at the level of transfers that hopefully we get, their name was in the NBA draft, and they hadn't decided quite what they were going to do yet. So, you know, everything kind of got pushed back this year."

Right now, Arizona has 11 scholarship guys on the roster with guys returning and incoming recruits/transfers.

Here's what Lloyd said about possibly adding more players down the line this off-season:

"That definitely could be a possibility. I mean, do I have anything significantly down the road right now at this point? No. But that's something we'll definitely consider."

Other notes from the interview:

- Lloyd likes the versatility that Ramey brings at the guard position.

- He noted that they expect to have everyone on campus sometime around September.

- Lloyd said that Dylan Anderson is now at 240 pounds and has been working hard in the weight room.

- He noted that he wanted to keep Adama Bal on a "pitch count" last season to get his feet in the water in the college basketball experience.

- Lloyd said that throughout the process of Terry making his NBA decision that he was keep in the loop every step of the way and wishes his former player nothing but the best.

Reactions: weslo18 and B-win
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News