ADVERTISEMENT

RR and SC

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
As you have now started to see Rich Rodriguez is expected to interview for the South Carolina job this week and as I mentioned in a different thread there is certainly legs to this story. This development has certainly caught a lot of people by surprise. Rodriguez has been more active than I can remember him during a stretch this week aggressively recruiting both commits and prospects from other classes as well (he was in LA earlier today checking out 2017 and 2018 targets).

It just didn't look like the work of a coach who is trying to get out. Arizona was circling back around with prospects such as Josh Allen and making sure to get out to new recruits as well. From recruits I've already exchanged messages with there was no indication that Rodriguez or his staff was going to be anywhere but Arizona.

Players don't know anything at this point and even assistants are being left in the dark. From what I've been told this was not entirely expected from the AD's perspective either. From everything I've been told and have gathered this is Rodriguez's doing right now and everybody else is being kept in the dark.

Now by no means is he guaranteed to get the job as there will be other candidates involved including Will Muschamp, Sonny Dykes and others. But it is something that Arizona thought it was through by this point after things had died down for a couple weeks. Just a very interesting situation going on right now that will have some resolution soon since South Carolina wants its next head coach by the end of the weekend.

Reactions: AYYETONY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News