ADVERTISEMENT

On the road: Checking in with Arizona QB commit Robert McDaniel

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com

I made the trek out to Hughson, California last night for the senior season debut of 2025 Arizona quarterback commit Robert McDaniel. He's had a stellar career up to this point, and he continued that with an impressive 2024 debut on Friday. He had three passing touchdowns and overall looked the part of a player ready to make the next step in his career. He found his brother Bryce on two of the touchdowns, and there were several high-level throws throughout the game. I was particularly impressed with his ability to throw on the run. He's advanced in that area, and he was great when working outside the pocket. One of his best plays didn't end in a completion (the DB made a nice play on the ball) but the ability to escape trouble in the pocket and keep his eyes downfield to make the play into even anything close to a completion was really impressive.

He even got out on the run a little bit and he looks like a natural fit for what Dino Babers and Brent Brennan want at the position. He'll enroll early, so the Wildcats will have him on campus in the spring, and he will be a really nice addition to the room.

Also, keep an eye on his brother. He still has some things he needs to fine tune as a receiver, but the natural ability is there and he has great size for the position. He looks the part of a high-level receiver, and I imagine he'll have a bunch of schools in the mix by the end of his junior year.

Reactions: Eatdairy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.