ADVERTISEMENT

On Khalil Tate

MikeSinger

Recruit
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Hi guys, Mike Singer here from the Colorado rivals site.

Since Tate broke onto the scene against Colorado, the local media has asked Mike MacIntyre questions about Tate just about every week since that game. Here's what Mac had to say about Tate this week.

On The Emergence Of Arizona Quarterback Khalil Tate
"He was there for a full year – a year and three games. I wish it would have been a year and four games. I'll see [Arizona head coach] Rich Rod (Rodriguez) individually down the road and tease him a little bit. Rich Rod's a heck of a coach. He did a great job recruiting that young man. He was a young man that played at Serra high school and played receiver and moved to quarterback the last 10 games of his senior year or something like that. He's done a great job. He played against us a little bit the year before as a mop-up and didn't quite look the same, but he was learning the offense. He just kept getting better and better. In all fairness to Rich Rod, Khalil was hurt a little bit in fall camp, from what I understand, and a little bit during the season. He really didn't get all the reps and just got thrown in there. I wish he would have been hurt a little hurt, for our sake not for his sake."

On The Possibility Of Khalil Tate Winning The Heisman After Missing Time At The Start Of The Season
"Yeah I think so, if they keep doing what they're doing with him. If you take out the first couple games and you do his stats then I think he's got like 395 yards a game if you take out the first two where he just played a little bit, which is pretty amazing. He's doing a great job. If they keep winning big games, I'm pretty sure he should definitely get there if they run the table."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News