ADVERTISEMENT

More JUCO linemen offers

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
I was traveling this evening as I was making my way out to California early ahead of this weekend's game in Los Angeles. So, I missed a couple of the offers that went out when I was on the road. The staff was busy again making a couple more junior college offers and a couple more offers to Polynesian recruits.

The trend continued as UA focuses on the offensive and defensive lines. Here's the two prospects who picked up offers Tuesday evening.

Fonua is a versatile defensive lineman who is originally from Salt Lake City's East High School. Now he is over at Mesa CC and he has been very good from everything I have heard this season. He's got good size for the position at 6-foot-4 and just about 265 pounds. He is mostly likely going to be a defensive end at the next level, but he is someone the Wildcats have decided to move in on. Louisville has offered him as well as FAU. It will be interesting to see what other programs officially jump in with offers now but there have been some big-time programs keeping track of him up to this point.

I have mentioned before that one of the goals for UA's staff in this class is to get bigger along both lines, but especially on the offensive side of the ball. Aitogi is massive at about 6-foot-7 and is listed at over 350 pounds and is a bit of an undiscovered talent at this stage. The Fort Scott CC (Fort Scott, Kansas) standout offensive tackle just picked up his first offer earlier this week with Delaware State coming through first. Now UA decided to jump on board and it could open some more doors for him.

Still, the Wildcats would like to get him in the mix and he is just another one of the junior college linemen the staff has decided to target here down the stretch. He is a native of Hawaii and another Polynesian recruit the Wildcats are looking at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News