ADVERTISEMENT

Mixed Hope...

catnaz1

Lute Olson 'Almighty'
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
... going forward in the conference.

OL: Hard to tell since it was So. Utah, but some hope. Friekh's return will definitely help. Creason's move to LG may help solidify things, but that also means little to no hope for our two big 4-stars, Lukusa and Eletise. Laie's a keeper and should only improve. We'll continue to miss Eldridge though. No hope that JC Bailey is another Gurrola.

RBs: We know JJ can pick up yards with just a little daylight, but I don't think he can be a consistent 18 carry guy at his size like the first two games. 206 Brightwell is giving some 1a-1b hope as he settles in.

WRs: Glad to see Shun Brown and Ellison more now. That'll only help Tate's percentage and efficiency going forward. I was hoping to see a young outside receiver make an impact, especially for Peterson, but see little hope now. I was also hoping to see Mazzone dial up TEs more, who are supposed to be pretty good, but not seeing much hope there either.

DL: No hope for the interior. Maybe a sliver of hope for JB and Cochran as they gain a little experience and settle in during the season.

LBs: Schooler shines, Fields not as much, but Pandy's increased time and performance gives hope for a better rotation this year. Wilborn has dropped off so far, but although lighter, Harris' increased time and athleticism gives hope for a better rotation.

Safeties: A lot of hope with the new lineup, Scottie, Wallace, and Coleman.

CBs: Little hope without Whittaker. The little hope for me would be if Barnes, who's getting some snaps every game, passes Hough.

Reactions: hmuir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News