ADVERTISEMENT

***INJURY REPORT: Arizona vs UCLA***

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
The injury report is now out and it's a long one this week as I knew it would be and there are some names you don't want to see if you're an Arizona fan on there. Here is a look at where things stand going into Saturday.

I'll start with the probable players who you should see out there this Saturday. First off is linebacker DeAndre' Miller who has been battling a wrist injury as of late that has kept him off the field. He was practicing without limitations this week and he should be a go for Saturday and Arizona will need him. Miller was working with that second unit this week.

Next on that probable list is Luca Bruno who was back at practice this week with his concussion that kept him out last week. He was working with the first unit with some limitations this week, but he should be good to go for Saturday as well in his usual starting spot. The last member of the probable group is safety Carter Hehr who was also dealing with a concussion. He should be fine and ready to play Saturday if needed.

Next is the important group for the week and that is the questionable group. We'll start with Arizona's best player who finds himself on the injury report this week as questionable, Scooby Wright. He practiced this week and didn't sound to be too limited from what I heard, and at this stage it sounds like he will be a go for Saturday. However, that's not to say he plays a ton of plays either.

The feel I'm getting right now, and that could always change once the 'Cats get into the game, is that he will at least play some but probably not as many plays as he normally would.

Also on the questionable list is receiver Cayleb Jones who is dealing with an ankle injury from last week's game. He had a boot on this week, but like I said yesterday I feel more confident about him playing now than I did early in the week. That's not to say he's 100 percent a go for Saturday, but I do think when it comes down to it he ends up playing even if it's just a little bit against UCLA.

The last one on that list is Samajie Grant who is questionable with a knee injury. I think if there's one from the group who doesn't play Saturday it will be the junior receiver. I wouldn't rule out all three playing, but of the group I am least confident about Grant right now.

Next we'll move on to the players who are out for this game and for now it is the usual names plus one more new one. We'll start with running back Orlando Bradford who missed last game and will miss another one with a concussion. He is listed as out for the Wildcats in Saturday's game. It is a little concerning for him to have a concussion already in his career but that is his status as of now.

This should not be a surprise as I told you last week you should probably expect it, but Tyrell Johnson and Trey Griffey are out again with their foot injuries and again I don't know that I would expect them back next week either. Arizona knew they were going to be out this long, so it is not a surprise to the team and that is one reason you have seen them make some of the moves they have with moving players to receiver.

Last on that list is Haden Gregory who is still working through his knee injury. He's another one I wouldn't expect back for a little longer as well.

Reactions: AYYETONY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News