ADVERTISEMENT

Injury report: Arizona vs Oregon State

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Arizona has released its official injury report for Saturday's game and there are a lot of names on it. Some of the names you know and others have been kept under wraps until now. Here is a look at what UA has going into Saturday's game with the Beavs.

Probable: We'll start with the probable category and a name who has been a regular on the list this season, Tyrell Johnson. The speedy receiver and return man looks like he'll finally be able to make his 2015 debut this weekend after dealing with that foot injury from track season. Five games is what was quietly talked about with him from the get go and he is right about there with this game. I would expect there to be some rust with him after missing about two months, but I do think he could really help in the return game where Arizona has struggled some lately.

Questionable: This group is plenty big this week and has some of the more notable contributors on Arizona's roster. We'll start with the quarterbacks as Anu Solomon and Jerrard Randall are both listed as questionable with a concussion and hamstring, respectively, as the cause. As I mentioned yesterday unless something changes dramatically within the next couple days I would expect Solomon to play and get the start against Oregon State. Randall was a little more limited than he has been this week with his hamstring injury and it will be interesting if he gives it a go. With Solomon likely back I wouldn't be surprised if UA gives him the week off.

A new injury that was kept quiet until today was cornerback DaVonte' Neal's hamstring problem. I requested to talk with him last night but was denied and not given a reason and had a feeling it was injury related. Today it was let out of the bag. Neal not being able to play would be a decent blow for the 'Cats since he has been solid for the team especially in the defending the run this season. Jarvis McCall would be the likely replacement for him in the starting rotation with Sammy Morrison getting some more time as well if Neal can't go.

The other questionable player on defense is Jeff Worthy who is working through a concussion. He was in pads this week, but concussions are definitely not something the program likes to mess with too much, so it will be interesting to see if he can go against Oregon State. I'm leaning toward him being ready to go, but you just never know when it comes to head injuries.

Out: Rich Rodriguez settled down any rumors of any of his injured linebackers making a return this week during Monday's press conference and that was reflected on Thursday's injury report. Scooby Wright (foot), Haden Gregory (knee) and Derrick Turituri (hip) are all out this week once again. In addition to that group of linebackers Trey Griffey will remain out this week with his foot injury as well.

Reactions: AYYETONY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News