ADVERTISEMENT

INJURY REPORT: Arizona at Utah ... it's a doozy

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Arizona's latest injury report is out for its game this weekend against Utah and it might be the worst of the season. By my count there are eight players who have started a game for Arizona this season on the latest injury report and each player represented has at least been part of the rotation at his position.

Not good, but it's what the Wildcats have been left with. Here's a rundown of how things look.

Probable

There is some positive news for Arizona with its latest injury report. Stud linebacker DeAndre' Miller was upgraded this week with his ankle injury and he is listed as probable for the Utah game. The Wildcats have been without the starting linebacker for two games now but it is a good sign to have him upgraded. John Kenny has done a solid job as his replacement, but getting Miller back will help alleviate some of the pressure off a banged up defensive line (which you will see more on in a bit).

Joining Miller on the probable list are offensive linemen Gerhard de Beer and Jacob Alsadek. De Beer was in a boot this week, so we'll see what happens there with his ankle injury that has been bothering him for a bit now. Alsadek has a shoulder injury but I would expect him to go.

Questionable

The questionable list is always an interesting one. Generally speaking players listed as questionable have not seen the field that week and my educated guess is that is what you see this weekend. Brandon Dawkins (ribs), Nick Wilson (ankle) and Freddie Tagaloa (knee) are the three players listed as questionable. I don't know that Arizona can get away with traveling just Khalil Tate and Zach Werlinger at the QB spots with Matt Morin as the emergency guy so my guess is Dawkins at least makes the trip but I would be surprised if he ends up giving it a go ... not shocked, but surprised.

I'd put Wilson in that same boat. We'll see if the staff lets him test that ankle out. Knee injuries and Tagaloa have been an issue and now Arizona is building some depth with its offensive line. If he does play I don't see him getting the start.

Doubtful

And now we arrive at the other quarterback. Anu Solomon upgraded from out, but still not expected to play listed as doubtful for Saturday's game. Based on that I wouldn't expect him on the trip again and it continues to look like a bleak outlook for him right now as far as getting back on the field in the immediate future. Seeing how the injury report looks now only strengthens what I've been saying this week in that Tate is looking more than ever to be the guy on Saturday.

Out

One position where there just can't be injuries Arizona has had to deal with them. This week a new name was added to the list as Luca Bruno is out with his nagging ankle injury. It is the same one from last year and as I have mentioned before it was something he was going to have to play through. Arizona's defensive line rotation is already thin and having Bruno out doesn't make things any easier. Bruno joins Parker Zellers on the "out" list this week as the starting nose continues to work through his knee injury.

Fullback Jamardre Cobb will be out for his fourth straight game because of a knee injury and big receiver Shawn Poindexter will miss another game the foot injury that kept him out last week.

Just bad continuing to get worse for Arizona on the injury front as I hinted at yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News