ADVERTISEMENT

Injury report: Arizona at Stanford

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Arizona released its official injury report just now and as you would expect we really didn't learn very much from it as the Wildcats have tried to keep the injuries under wraps this week. The team closed practice this week and Rich Rodriguez didn't want to address injuries or who his starting quarterback would be after Monday.

Here is how things shake out this week on the official injury report.

There are no probables on the list this week, but the Wildcats do have two questionable players. Quarterback Anu Solomon is the first one listed as questionable with his concussion. As I told you Tuesday the redshirt sophomore was in street clothes when the media was allowed into practice for interviews and he didn't look like he did much more Wednesday. I would be pretty surprised if he goes Saturday.

Turituri to me looked much more promising as he was in pads Wednesday when the media was allowed to enter the practice facility. I'm getting the sense more and more that he will play Saturday.

If Solomon is indeed out it sure sounds like it will be Jerrard Randall to get the start, but that too is something Arizona has tried to keep under wraps this week.

There are no doubtful players this week, but there are four in the "out" group this week. Haden Gregory and Scooby Wright are on that list as expected and so too are Tyrell Johnson and Trey Griffey. At the start of the season Rodriguez said they'd be out a couple games, but the plan has always been for more than that. I think the next week will be interesting for both since this is around the time both were expected to be nearing their comeback or at least doing better with their progress.

It will be interesting to see exactly how the 'Cats approach those guys in the next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News