ADVERTISEMENT

Iakopo

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
I spoke with new Arizona offer London Iakopo tonight after he finished up his workout for the evening and he is ecstatic about Arizona being the first school to offer him. He told me that Arizona has been keeping tabs on him for a while now and the offer was finalized yesterday after Tony Dews brought Jeff Casteel with him to Long Beach City College to get his in-person evaluation done.

It is his first offer so he wanted to watch what he said since he is so excited still, but it is a big one for the safety recruit. One thing Arizona already has on its side is that Iakopo has already visited Arizona unofficially for a game back when he was in high school at Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei when he visited UA for its game against UCLA. He liked the environment and really likes how Arizona uses its safeties in the 3-3-5 scheme.

I got the sense in talking with him that he would commit right now if he was really pressed, but Arizona's staff has told him to take some time to think about things and really enjoy getting the offer before he proceeds any further. Dews and the staff want him to come out on an unofficial visit first before he makes any decisions.

Since the offer is still fresh he wants to talk things over with his family and figure out when he wants to take that official visit, but at this point Arizona is in line for a commitment although it is very early in the process. He also told me he's friends with Jesse Scroggins and Jace Whittaker as well, so that is one connection to the 'Cats.

I will have a more lengthy update later, but I wanted to pass along these notes.

Reactions: AYYETONY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News