ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1 – Utah

axaadvisor

Lute Olson 'Almighty'
Sep 6, 2004
Ok, let’s start talking football for real. Hopefully Matt will add his thoughts pre articles to this thread as well.

Cats open as a decided dog at +14. Utah lost a lot of starters from last year though. On offense they have to replace both Huntley and Moss. That’s a lot of production lost from the two time defending south champs

They also lost most of their defensive secondary as a couple guys graduated and a couple guys declared early for the draft. They likely will start a 4 star freshman somewhere in that defensive backfield and we all know how shaky that can be. They also lost three starters on that tough d line

The Utes always remind me of the Dick Tomey AZ teams of the 90’s. Very tough on defense and well prepared. Much like that era in AZ football they struggled until they found an offense and until they got Ludwig as OC they were lost. He is really good but let’s see what he can do without those two guys.

I think we will move the ball on them easier than we have the last couple of times playing them. One thing that worries me is we need to be much More physical up front. Utah just beats you up (much like Tomey’s teams) and you have to match that.

Hoping we have good weather in Salt Lake for the game and if so I think we cover and have a punchers chance in a game that goes over the number.

Last edited:
Reactions: uascrappy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News