ADVERTISEMENT

Five-star and Arizona

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Five-star guard Kobi Simmons tweeted Monday night that Arizona was still recruiting him and remained in the picture. Today the 2016 recruit announced his final three and Arizona has now replaced UNLV on that list. Kentucky and Ohio State are the other two programs. Simmons originally cut his list to three back in September but he has not made much movement since then however.

Ohio State has been the constant and favorite up to this point so it will be interesting how this thing plays out. He has always seemed more interested in UA than it has been in him, but maybe the 'Cats turn up the heat now.

I've seen Simmons a few times. I don't love his game, but if you know what you have he can be effective. He's definitely more of the Mark Lyons type of point guard than a PJC type. There were times I thought he took more shots than he needed to and really didn't look his teammates way. Still, he's a five star for a reason and when he's attacking the basket he can really score. I'd be really interested to see how Miller would approach his mentality if Simmons ends up going with Arizona.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News