ADVERTISEMENT

Dews to WVU

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Our West Virginia site reported tonight that Tony Dews will be hired as running backs coach in Morgantown. I haven't been able to independently confirm this, but it is sounding like it will be a done deal soon. Florida hired away WVU running back's coach Jajuan Seider in the last couple days and now Dews is expected to make his return to the Mountaineers where he previously coached with Rodriguez.

Obviously Arizona is going through some changes offensively and will now be on the hunt for a new receivers coach when this is made official. At this point I would expect Arizona not to go in house for its next receivers coach, but we shall see.

If Arizona does stay in house with the hire there are a couple possibilities. Kylan Butler has been Dews' right-hand man the last couple years and he has helped where he can in recruiting. It might also be time for football analyst Miguel Reveles to get a promotion. He had a big hand in Arizona landing Nathan Tilford and numerous others. Might be the right time and easiest time to give him a bump up and get him out on the road as a recruiter. That wouldn't completely shock me. He's been more deserving of an expanded role. He currently works with the running backs but could easily make the move to receivers in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News