ADVERTISEMENT

Defense-what to do?

axaadvisor

Lute Olson 'Almighty'
Sep 6, 2004
Bye week so I thought we could put up a thread and help solve our defensive issues. What would you change? Some common thoughts.

Fire Johnny Nansen
Move guys around
Change schemes
Youth movement

no way they should fire Nansen in my opinion. One year is not enough and we can’t break the good will he provides in the poly community and recruiting in general. He gets two more years from me

I would love to see some personnel changes. Move Harris inside and bring in Davis off the edge. Harris is just yo slow from the edge. I would like to see CRW move to a safety spot asap.. Other changes in a bit

Our scheme, the 4-2-5 is really predicated on getting pressure from that front. In three conference games we have had zero sacks. I have seen them stunt and loop but they are simply not winning the one on one battles. Manu and Warnell were great additions to the run stop but Warnell got torched in coverage as does CY except on the TE. I think this is where the disconnect is because the players are not being put in position to succeed.

I have never seen Stukes play as poorly as he did last game. He got beat on consecutive plays for 6 (one called back) and seemed clueless out there. Rutherford has been a disappointment since he got here. I would love to see Prysocks and Davis play corner with CRW and Turner/Taylor at the other safety spot. It’s time to force feed these freshman, especially on defense.

Looking for your thoughts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News