ADVERTISEMENT

DE Josiah Hammond (UPDATE)

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, I wanted to jump in and share an interview I had with three-star defensive end Josiah Hammond, who took an official visit to Arizona in early May.

I asked him questions about his visit, about his recruitment and his time table on his decision. Below is the Q&A of the interview with Hammond.

Q&A:

Q: Who was the coach that started recruiting you to Arizona?

A: The coach that started recruiting me was coach [Ty] Nichols. Nichols and I have built a great relationship kind of like a big brother and little brother relationship and he’s my guy!

Q: When you first got to Tucson what did you think about the city? And what stood out to you?

A: That was my first time in Tucson and I loved it and definitely plan on trying to get back out there before my commitment.

Q: What stood out about Arizona's campus?

A: My favorite part of the facilities was definitely the weight room it’s the perfect size and they have all the right equipment needed to be successful!

Q: What player on Arizona's roster did you connect the best with?

A: I definitely bonded with Chubba Ma'ae on the team being there was like being around my family at home.

Q: What was it like meeting coach Duane Akina?

A: I didn’t really get to see coach Akina this much but when I saw him it was really good vibes that I got from him.

Q: How do you see yourself fitting into Arizona's system?

A: Arizona's system is a lot like my high school system, so I could see myself fitting in very well.

At the end of the interview, Hammond said he really didn't have a ranking system for the team's he has visited yet. However, he said that he expects to make his decision come early July as to where he will be going.

Reactions: abarbieri
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News