ADVERTISEMENT

COMMITMENT: Arizona lands two-way lineman from SoCal

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com

Arizona has its next 2023 commitment and it is an important one. California two-way lineman Rhino Tapaatoutai has committed to the Wildcats over offers from Colorado, San Diego State and Hawaii. He is being incredibly under-recruited right now but that is probably going to change here in the coming weeks as coaches hit the road again. He's a monster and was really impressive at the Under Amour camp when I watched him earlier in the year. He has no bad weight and is strong as heck. He could play on either side of the ball, but he projects as an offensive lineman at the next level. Arizona wants him on offense and he is a really impressive get at this point. He really likes the Wildcats and has a connection with some of the players already on the team. He visited UA over the weekend and made his decision to pick UA during the trip.

Don't pay too much attention to the offer list. I've seen him in person and I'm telling you all that he is a really great pickup for the Wildcats. He's going to end up playing early in his career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News