ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
So it there are now only a few days until the start of spring ball and still two open coaching vacancies. Based on talking to some people things have remained pretty quiet surrounding the search and at this point it wouldn't be completely shocking to go into spring practice without the two new coaches being named. It would certainly be an interesting scenario to see play out, but after having some talks with people it is more of a real possibility than I thought it was before. If this does bleed into spring ball I'm interested to see how it all actually works and even if it doesn't I'm interested to see how it all actually works since even if a hire is made tomorrow that leaves a couple days for the coach to know his players before actually getting on the field. Not exactly the most conducive to teaching with a lot of young players still out there.

I thought there would be no way Rodriguez would go into spring ball down two coaches, but it is starting to seem like more of a possibility to me now. Rodriguez has been in Costa Rica on the Nike trip and he's now getting back to town so it is entirely possible an announcement gets made and others were kept out of the loop since he was doing the work remotely, but it is all an interesting scenario right now. I know it's just spring ball but I don't know that it's the best thing to go into it down a couple coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News