ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Williams

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
So I finally caught up with four-star 2018 guard Brandon Williams as he takes some time to rest with all his recent visits. He was at Arizona this weekend and enjoyed his latest visit but he said the airport life is starting to get to him now so he's going to take a break from visits. He said if he does take another visit it won't be until right before his season starts, but other than that he'll pick things up after his season.

There were some Arizona fans who were hopeful that he would commit this weekend, but he said right now he's just going off his gut and he's happy letting the process play out for the time being. He did say that Arizona will always be a school he admires and it has been his dream school since seventh grade.

Right now he wants to see how the roster shakes out a bit more for the future though. He said it's something he's going to watch but for now he just wants some rest and a chance to reflect on what has been a busy month of visits.

He said he plans on cutting his list down soon and there should be about five or seven schools that make it. From the sounds of it Arizona will be fine and shouldn't stress about making that cut. UConn and Kansas are two others likely in that category.

Something new I heard tonight from Williams is that he is giving serious consideration to being a package deal with four-star forward Taeshon Cherry who was also on campus for Red-Blue on Friday. Williams said the two talked about it some this weekend and it is something he wants to discuss more with Cherry. Arizona is up there for both recruits and it would be one of the possible destinations for both to end up at. Sean Miller and his staff saw plenty of Cherry with the Oakland Soldiers this summer and he is someone high up on the board for the Wildcats in 2018 as well along with Williams.

I'll have a full update later but that is what I have for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News