ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Faoliu & Xavier Bell

Ericd74

Wildcat Legend
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2014
Being a SoCal resident I was able to watch the 2nd half of the Mater Dei vs. St. Johns Bosco game on Friday night. I wanted to post what I saw during the game on these two Arizona commits.

Austin Faoliu was impressive as a run stopper. When you consider that St. Johns Bosco has the #1 rated offensive guard in the country along with some other talented players I thought he acquitted himself very well. He is really strong and will be a beast of a nose at the college level. He played every down and was a high energy guy. The one area I think he could improve on is his penetration and pass rush. The best way to say it is that he created a mess at the line of scrimmage, usually taking on two blockers. He didn't get into the backfield much but he also didn't get moved out of his space either. He is a great high school player right now.

St. Johns Bosco is a running team so Xavier Bell didn't see much action on the pass side (nice job on the play that sealed the game) but he is a solid hitter and more importantly tackler from his safety position. From what I saw he was always around the ball at the second level and made good pursuit choices.

It was enjoyable to watch and my final note is to give the Chase McGrath (the kicker from Mater Dei) a scholarship as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenbear70
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News