ADVERTISEMENT

After this week

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
I don't see how the Hawkins kids end up all going to different schools. I spent quite a bit of time around the group this week and it would really surprise me if they all end up going their separate ways. I know there are some in their camp who would probably prefer it, but those kids are CLOSE and I just think the comfort of knowing where they all come from and being in a new place it would almost benefit them more to be all together. I know at some point the real world has to hit every one, but I just think about a kid like Joseph Lewis going somewhere like Nebraska and being separated from all the kids he's grown up with and I just think it would be really hard to make that adjustment.

You saw it a bit with the Salesian kids (Cobb, Ware, Carr) where that comfort level landed them all in the same place. The kids from Hawkins are coming from the same area and not everybody is going to get what they are about. I think it will be an adjustment wherever they go, but after spending some time with the group it feels like they would be better set up for success all at the same school. We'll see how it plays out, but that is just my feeling coming off this week and spending some more time around them.

Reactions: MFCats25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News