ADVERTISEMENT

5 Things I Learned From the Red Blue Game

gdaurio1

All-American
Oct 29, 2012
I've watched the game a few times, here are my takeaways. It would be interesting to get other poster's feedback as well.

1) Gabe York is going to get the backup point guard minutes - I'm starting bold and expecting criticism for this, but it seems pretty clear to me that PJC isn't anywhere near mature enough (both physically and within the system) to do an adequate job backing up TJ. That leaves Gabe York. It wouldn't surprise me to see Gabe slide over to the 1 for 8-10 minutes a game, in addition to the minutes he'll get backing up the 2.

2) Perimeter shooting is going to be an issue - I realize its just one exhibition game, but we struggled from deep. Nobody looked good out there.

3) We're going to get to the line....a lot - Rondae and Stanley are pretty much going to be able to get into the lane at will. Zeus is going to be almost impossible for most centers in the country to handle physically. And TJ is going to do a great job of feeding these guys the rock. We're going to shoot a ton of free throws, and our percentage is going to go way up compared to last year.

4) Ristic and Victor - Came away most impressed with these two. While Stanley was the most "impressive", his performance was expected. I don't think anyone expected Ristic and Victor to look so good on the offensive half. I don't think anyone would have too many issues with either of those guys getting significant minutes in the event of foul trouble during the season.

5) How long are Pitts and Allen going to stick around? - I hate to be that guy, but both Allen and Pitts appear to be way behind and neither looks poised to get many minutes this years. Couple that with Trier on his way in for 2016, and York sticking around for his senior season, and its really hard for me to imagine a scenario where our 2016 roster features 4 shooting guards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News