ADVERTISEMENT

2023 softball signing class

Ari Koslow

Reporter
Staff
Jul 11, 2022
arizona.rivals.com
The Arizona softball team announced the 2023 signing class on Wednesday that consists of five players, specifically three pitchers, one utility player and one outfielder.

Ryan Maddox is a pitcher who attended Clovis North high school in Fresno, California. According to Extra Inning Softball, she was the No. 6 ranked recruit in the country. Maddox was a two-time Tri-River Athletic Conference Player of the Year and Fresno Bee Softball Player of the Year. She also played under Arizona softball alum Toni Mascarenas with the OC Batbusters Stith.

“I chose the University of Arizona because the people and environment made it feel like home," Maddox said. "The coaches and players were very welcoming when visiting. I also want to play for a winning and competitive program.”

Brooke Mannon is a pitcher who attended West Jefferson high school in West Jefferson, Ohio. She was the No. 17 ranked recruit in the country according to Extra Inning Softball. She is a Two-time first-team All-Conference.

“I chose Arizona because I want to play softball at the highest level possible, on the most competitive team," Mannon said. "I love the atmosphere that the team and coaches have created. The University of Arizona also offers great academics and a nationally ranked business program.”

Regan Shockey is a utility player who attended Chino Hills high school in Chino Hills, California. She was the No. 18 ranked recruit in the country by Extra Inning Softball. She won the Alliance National Championship with the OC Batbusters Stith alongside fellow signee Ryan Maddox under Arizona softball alum Toni Mascarenas.

“Regan is a true triple-threat," head coach Caitlin Low said. "She has great hands and barrel control and is a spark plug at the top of the lineup. She can do a lot of different things defensively as a true outfielder, but she can hold it down in the infield, as well.”

Aissa Silva is a pitcher who attended Mountain View high school in Tucson, Arizona. She was the No. 6 ranked recruit in the country by Extra Inning Softball. She was a 2022 Extra Inning Softball All-American, NorCal Pitcher of the Year and Sac Bee Player of the Year.

“Arizona is my home, and I grew up going to the Arizona Softball games, so it has always been my dream to go to the U of A since I was young," Silva said. "I love the dedicated fans and the environment is beyond amazing.”

Zaedi Tagalog is an outfielder who attended Canyon del Oro high school in Tucson, Arizona. She was the 2022 Canyon del Oro high school batting champion and runner-up with her team in the 4A State Championship.

“Zaedi is a Tucson standout," Lowe said. "She is a very tough out and provides a lot of speed on the bases, as well as hitting for average. She has a very good arm and range in the outfield.”

“We’re thrilled to welcome this 2023 class to the Wildcat Family,” Lowe said. “We’ve added three top competitors in the circle and all three can pack a punch at the plate, as well. In addition, we’ve added some offensive threats at the plate and speed on the bases. We can’t wait to watch them continue to develop and see them make their own mark on this program!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News