ADVERTISEMENT

YMRMFSPA

Chadillac513

Hall of Famer
Jan 2, 2013
I wanted to write a thread for those who may be a bored as I am. I want to go through our class and give some examples of other players these new guys are similar to, be they current or former players for Zona or someone else at another school. The comparison is meant to be skill set and level combined with projected use and production at Arizona.

1. Nathan Tilford-This one is tricky as many have compared him to a big NW or even some Alabama guys Henry etc. I think he actually reminds me of Joe Mixon or the arch enemy Kalen Ballage. Similar size coming out, versatile and a dangerous receiver. May not be as big as Ballage but close or as good as Mixon but close. Hopefully he can avoid the urge to KO ladies.

2. Drew Dixon-Jerrard Randall. Randall has better top speed of course, however their stride, athleticism and versatility are similar. I believe Dixon could play QB in a pinch and possibly be dominant running the ball. May be what Randall could've been at WR with more Terrelle Pryorish size. Jerrard Randall 2.0.

3. Brian Casteel-Samajie Grant and Jehu Chesson (Michigan). His RB ability and moves after the catch are a blend of these 2 types of players. I could see him being a nice end around guy and being good with the sidelines like Chesson. Maybe in a pinch he can play RB. Solid addition IMHO.

4. Gary Brightwell-Donnel Pumphrey. I think we have another steal. Much like Ka'deem and JJ he seems to try to score every touch. I think he is this year's JJ Taylor in terms of a guy who'll make you go wow but his game is a bit different. He'll return kicks play slot and whatever. Pumphrey is a bully comparison but not as crazy as you'd think.

5. TEs Gilbert and Wolma. Both guys look like a more physically developed Josh Kern. Probably faster. I'm not ready to anoint them yet, but I think one or both could surprise us! Seem to be good receivers.

Bonus: Rhett Rod is BJ Denker. Makes good reads and is a good runner. Not the biggest guy but might end up being a guy you could win with a few years from now.

I'll do some other guys later but feel free to comment!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News