ADVERTISEMENT

While we wait ...

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Since we are all waiting for sports to return I figure it's a good time to get to know everyone here a little bit better and maybe help take our minds off things outside the sports world for a little bit. We all kind of have a good idea of the screen names, but I think it will be fun to hear a little more of everyone's stories about how they ended up an Arizona fan. I enjoy the community we've built here and I think it will be something that will help us to connect even more over the program everyone here roots for all year long.

I'll start and I'll leave a blank template below for you all to use with your responses. Feel free to omit any information that is too personal such as your age or location. One way to avoid getting too specific might be to leave an age range over a specific age or a region of the country (i.e. West Coast vs Los Angeles, California)

I'll start!

Age/age range: 32

Location: Tucson, Arizona by way of Orange County, California

U of A alum? (Years attended): No/Long Beach State

First Arizona Wildcats memory: As someone who grew up in Southern California my sports loyalties are somewhat scattered. However, seeing Arizona win the National Title in 1997 was something that will always stick out as big part of my childhood. I grew up rooting for UCLA as a kid, but I'm also just a sports fan in general and always gravitated to college sports over the pros. When Arizona went on its run through the NCAA Tournament to win the title it had all my attention and the swagger that team had always appealed to me. My older brother and I made our parents buy us any U of A gear we could find and it really became our team.

Favorite Arizona Wildcats memory/game/in-person experience: For me this one is more personal and is definitely going to be different than what I feel like most people would say, but the New Mexico Bowl win back in 2012 was something special to see in person. In the grand scheme of things it was just a lower-level bowl game, but for the players that day there was nothing more important and to see grown adults losing their minds at the end of that game was something that brought the true fun of college sports into perspective.

Favorite Arizona Wildcats athlete: Andre Iguodala. He's not the first player most people will bring up in something like this, but there was always something about his game that stood out to me. He's someone who I will still pull up on YouTube to watch his college clips and I can still marvel at what he was able to do while at UA. I appreciate his longevity in the the game and he's just a winner and I think people forget how good of a talent he is when he's able to be on the floor.

Hopefully you guys will join in and remember there's no pressure to fill in the more personal information, but I definitely want to know about the Arizona-related parts. Ultimately, it's just for fun so fill out as much or as little as you'd like!

Template for you to use

Age/age range:
First Arizona Wildcats memory:
Favorite Arizona Wildcats memory/game/in-person experience:
Favorite Arizona Wildcats athlete:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News