ADVERTISEMENT

What Now?

Tribalwarriorx

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2013
Somewhere enjoying six Saturdays
After this past weekend, I guess the question now is "what now?"

1. I read a comment from Tate that I thought was interesting. When asked if he looked forward to returning as UA's QB next season, he said, "next question." On the surface, that may not appear like much, but it would appear there might be more to it. Frankly, I don't see him opting for the draft - rather, I would discourage it. His passing fundamentals and mechanics need work. While he's intriguing, I'd forecast him as a late 3rd for a team that's needy to an late fourth, early five. He'd be better served obviously coming back, but I'm not sure he's a fan of Mazzone's offense. That's just my opinion.

2. Coaches. Yikes. Similar to USC and Clay Helton, Sumlin needs to upgrade some of his position coaches. Again, I'd end the inside receiver coach spot and use that for an actual LB coach. That would free up whomever he hired as DC to actually just focus on that. I'm not projecting he's going to let Yates go, but I wouldn't put my house up that he's gonna keep him either.

3. Recruiting. It'll be interesting to see how they do this off-season in recruiting and where they pick their next round of kids up from (SEC Country, a few. Texas, a few more). Demetrice "Meat" Martin is known for being really good in identifying players. Taylor Mazzone, Gilbert and Iona are personable enough to get that done as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News