ADVERTISEMENT

Training camp takeaways: Day 6 of camp

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, camp has ended for the day and I wanted to jump in and share some of my quick takeaways from the day.

Quick takes:

Emmanuel Karnley - A lot has been said about the top four cornerbacks on Arizona roster and how well they are doing. Those four guys are clearly ahead of the rest.

However, Emmanuel Karnley has had a good training camp. He has the size that the coaching staff wants. Right now Karnely is very raw with his talent but has been solid during 1-on-1 drills against the receiving corps.

Wendell Moe - Later during Monday's practice, guard Wendell Moe left with a lower leg injury. However, he was right back out at practice on Tuesday and didn't seem to be bothered by anything

Moe has looked really good at the left guard position and seems more mobile than he was last season.

Red zone offense - Right now, I would say the defense has won the battle in the red zone. However, there is a wrinkle in Arizona’s offense they just can't stop in the red zone and that is RPO's. I know, that's going back to the Rich Rodriguez days! But, it works and I can see the Wildcats running a ton of RPOs in the red zone this season.

As usual, we will have more throughout the day on training camp from Day 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News