ADVERTISEMENT

Training camp: Day 12 of camp

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, Arizona has wrapped up Day 12 of camp and I wanted to jump in here and share some of my quick takes of how things went for the Wildcats.

Quick takes:

Noah Fifita - Wednesday was the first true day of practice where I felt quarterback Noah Fifita struggled and let some passes get in his head. Fifita threw a pick to Dylan Wyatt early in practice and from that point he seemed hesitant with his decision making, which led to missing open receivers.

Now, this isn't cause for concern given that bad practices happen but we saw the hesitant last training camp when players started blocking his passes. SO, it is something to keep a small eye on.

Justin Flowe - It seems to me that linebacker Justin Flowe has done a better job of staying within the system and not leaving his zone while in coverage. Johnny Nansen talked about wanting to see him play more in control and I think Flowe has taken steps towards doing that.

AJ Jones - For the second-straight practice, receiver AJ Jones has been out working on the sideline and wasn't able to go on Wednesday. Jones has had a great training camp and seems to be dealing with some kind of leg/lower body issue. He has been working with staff on running drills.

We'll have more as usual but feel free to ask us any questions you may have in the mean time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News