ADVERTISEMENT

So Disappointed

Ericd74

Wildcat Legend
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2014
Am I disappointed that all of this stuff is swirling around Arizona athletics. Yes. However I am more disappointed with everyone's reaction to the situation. Whatever happened to due process and innocent until proven guilty? I get that Miller might be guilty of what he is accused. But at this point to get rid of a coach who hasn't been charged with his history of success is flat out wrong.

I understand the prevailing view in today's society is the "perception is everything" but don't agree with it. Doing the right thing is everything and the right thing is waiting until all the evidence is in prior to making a decision.

Will it hurt recruiting, it has this year but so what? You could argue that Miller has had more success with less than 5 star recruits than anyone else in the country. His record at Xavier shows that he can win and do well with "not elite" talent.

As a personal preference I would rather play like Virginia with 4 and 5 year folks in the program than the 1 and done model. There isn't any consistency and it is difficult to get to know the players and I enjoy watching the players develop. If we didn't get as many 5 stars and the players stuck around for 4 years I am ok with that. I enjoy good basketball and while this years team has amazing talent and Ayton has been fun to watch I am all for watching development.

A separation from Miller at this point is flat out wrong until he has been proven to be guilty of something by due process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News