ADVERTISEMENT

Jedd Fisch signs contract extension with Arizona

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Jedd Fisch has signed a contract extension to remain Arizona's head coach through the 2027 season, pending ABOR approval.

"Amber and I, along with our family, are so grateful to President Robbins, Dave Heeke, and the entire University Leadership for their belief in our program and the direction we are heading," Fisch said in a press release from the school announcing the extension. "This new contract will allow us to continue to build and improve in all areas. This would not be possible without the incredible efforts of our players and coaches, to whom I am incredibly grateful. I am excited about the improvements our program has made, but we can't wait to get back on the recruiting trail and bring in more great players to take our program to greater heights. I want to thank Wildcat Nation for its support. Now it's time to fill the stadium! Bear Down and Go Cats."

Fisch's original contract was for five seasons and he was set to see an increase from $1.8 million to $2 milliion in base salary heading into 2023 (his contract renews in December). The details of his revised contract have yet been released.

"Jedd's success on the field, in recruiting and in the community have established a foundation of excellence for our football program moving forward," Arizona AD Dave Heeke said in a statement provided by the program. "The wholesale improvement of our program in all aspects has been accomplished in alignment with the mission of the University of Arizona, and this extension is our commitment to continue investing in our football program. I am excited to see what the future holds for Arizona Football under Jedd's excellent leadership."

Reactions: Cats4Win
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News