ADVERTISEMENT

Fisher's Secret Weapon Thursdays Game and discussion on Polee

weaponsgrade

Hall of Famer
Mar 29, 2007
"Polee didn't play in the first game because someone didn't put him in the game ? me," Fisher said. "I don't know how he would have played, but I wish I had at least given him a chance to play in the first game. It was me. It was a coach's decision. You know, through the course of a season you have a rotation, and sometimes it never changes, and sometimes it does change. With us it changed. Dwayne went from ninth or 10th man on the pecking order to our sixth starter."
The Aztecs know they need to have someone step up to help Thames carry the scoring load. Polee scored 15 against North Dakota State, but Winston Shepard is struggling.
"I've got one more secret weapon that I'm saving for Thursday, that I will not talk about now," Fisher said, equating his offensive surprise to when the Aztecs surprised New Mexico with a 1-3-1 zone to erase a 16-point deficit in the regular-season finale and win the Mountain West Conference title. "We had that up our sleeve. So we have one more thing that we're keeping in the shadows until we play Arizona that I'll refuse to divulge right now."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News