ADVERTISEMENT

Early signing period

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
I would expect everything to run smoothly this week as the early signing period gets underway. Josh Green has already signed this morning and Nico Mannion will sign today as well. I have not heard confirmation on either Terry Armstrong or Christian Koloko, but both are expected to sign this week with the Wildcats as well. I would be a little surprised if any of them are National Letters of Intent as most high-level prospects are signing financial aid papers anyway.

Either one allows the school to announce the prospect as a signee, but with the current state of college basketball and the uncertainty all over the place most prospects are opting for the financial aid papers since that does not bind them to the school in case something goes wrong later. It's just a reality of how it all works and shouldn't be concerning.

Zeke Nnaji is not going to decide until Nov. 23 which is after the signing period is over so as soon as everyone that is currently committed has signed – which could be today – Sean Miller can talk about his new class. Barring a surprise the four current members of the class are all that are expected to sign with the Wildcats in the early period.

I'm going to wait until the school announces each prospect to flip their profiles to signed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News