ADVERTISEMENT

Timeline

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
The next week is when you are going to start getting some answers in this class. As I have mentioned a couple times for a bit now the target timeframe for Josh Jackson has been the week of the McDonald's All-American Game. That has not necessarily been a closely guarded secret, but also not something that was widely known either. The reports that came out last night that he was set to make his decision before the end the night were just not correct. There's not really any other way to put it.

I would caution you guys to read through the other stuff that gets out there and not get overly caught up in a lot of what is being reported. Everyone should have learned their lesson once already this week haha, but really don't listen to everything you are hearing right now about Josh Jackson and his recruitment. The fact that it has jumped from Arizona being the leader to Michigan State and now to Kansas again tells you everything you need to know. And that is that nobody has a clue exactly what he's going to do. I've said for a while now that every program involved thinks it is in a good position and Arizona is no different. I know what the arguments are for each and if you're buying that one thing here or there is tipping the scales one way or the other again I would just warn you to be cautious if you go down that road.

The message has tried to be controlled publicly at times and when that happens you get plenty of crazy rumors going. Right now you just have to sit tight. If you are all about this up and down you're stressing yourself out for no real reason and if you search "Josh Jackson" on Twitter you will see plenty of people who are doing just that. It's not as simple as a kid deciding where he wants to go to school and play basketball. There are lots of layers to this decision, so just keep that in mind.

Players start arriving to the McDonald's game tomorrow with media day on the 29th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News