ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Froling

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com

The War Room was football focused this week but I wanted to make sure and mention this since it might have gone a bit under the radar, but Arizona hosted four-star big man Sam Froling Sunday and Monday for an official visit as he looks at his options in the US to play college basketball. He is the younger brother of Harry Froling who, if you remember, visited Arizona a couple years ago and had the Wildcats among his favorites before he ended up following his sisters to SMU. He's now at Marquette, but his little brother is looking to make the move from Australia next.

During his quick visit through the US, Froling visited Wichita State, Creighton and Maryland in addition to Arizona. The Wildcats received the last visit and things went well. He's someone to keep an eye on as a potential addition to the 2018 class and the Wildcats are trending in the right direction with him. UA has to get a bit creative in finishing the rest of this class, but Froling was someone the program was interested in before everything that went down with the FBI.

“They see me as a similar sort of player to Lauri (Markkanen)," Froling said. "It is definitely really appealing. They can get players to the NBA, which is what I really want. I need them to develop my game.”

Froling finishes school this month and will graduate, but he doesn't intend to join a program until the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News