ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for those in the know

Los Tigres

Wildcat Legend
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2006
As happy as I am over the recruiting effort, I have a concern about the number of scholarships we will have available to these talented recruits. We did not have a large Senior class last year, and some of the 2017 slots were promised to grey shirts, preferred walk-ons or other dark secret arrangements I don't fully comprehend. My first concern is how many commitments can we accept? Second, even if we had he full compliment of 25 scholarships available, how does it work? Say we have offered 100 athletes, ranked from 2 stars to 5 stars. The higher ranked players are going to wait until their season is over, or even signing day next February. I know some like Johnson and Tilford will commit early but many others won't. They have lots of offers so they don't need to worry, or to hurry. The less heavily recruited players will decide earlier because they don't have the number of offers and will want to grab the offer they like before it is gone. How does RichRod avoid filling up all his available slots early in the process and not having scholarships left for the late signing, higher ranked players?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News