ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Brown

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
The former Phoenix-Mountain Pointe standout is leaving Oregon but he was able to finish school quickly enough that if he finishes out his coursework the rest of this year he'll be able to graduate with two years of eligibility left. As a grad transfer he'd be able to play right away and not have to sit. He'll be a big attraction to a number of schools but the early word is he's looking to come back home meaning ASU and Arizona are going to be right in the thick of things.

He has a really good relationship with Arizona's staff and of course Chuck Levy is going to be pulling for him to go to UA much like he was the first time around. ASU is going to able to sell him on the quarterback situation there and being part of that receiver group, but I wouldn't count out the Wildcats. No receiver is going to want to block all day, but if UA can make its case that it's passing game will get back to what it once was it will be right in the mix.

He's dealt with some injuries, but I really liked his game in high school and he would be a nice addition for UA. I fully expect the 'Cats to make a push and work until they get a "no" from him.

Baylor is the other school everyone is talking about with Matt Lubick there now. Just based on early murmurs I think it ends up as an in-state battle, but it just happened so there's a long way to go.

In 2016, Brown played in 12 games for the Ducks and finished with 19 catches for 318 yards and three touchdowns.

"After careful consideration, once I complete the next two terms here at the University of Oregon and graduate in June 2017, I will be looking to continue my collegiate career at another institution. I have received my permission to contact, and I am in the process of evaluating opportunities at other schools to obtain my master's degree and play my final 2 years of college football."

Back when Arizona was working to get him out to Tucson he always made sure to keep the Wildcats in the mix.

"I'm not leaning toward them more than anybody else, but I am real close to U of A because of Chuck being my stepdad and an alumni there. So I visit there from time to time, but their recruitment with me has gone real well."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News