ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona football: Training camp (Day 7)

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, sorry for not jumping in here yesterday after camp. I was dealing with car issues and had my hands full with that. However, we're back and have quick takes from Day 7 of camp.

Quick takes:

- Lachlan Bruce

I got yo see Lachlan Bruce hit a handful of punts and I like what I saw. Again, this isn't under pressure so it isn't the best case to judge off of, but Bruce looked really good at bombing punts deep with a hang time around 4.23 to 4.36 on average. The Wildcats needed a punter after a rough spring camp and might've found one in Bruce.

- Kevon Darton

Since been able to be back at practice after missing the first day, defensive lineman Kevon Darton hasn't been used as much on the field like many thought he would be. But, coach Joe Seumalo (DL coach) said that he is working his way back and getting more reps as of late.

- Tetairoa McMillan

The last two practice Tetairoa McMillan has been more involved and has participated in position drills. Still, McMillan is very limited and isn't doing 7-on-7 competitions, or 11-on-11 drills.

He is close to coming fully back and I expect him to be a full go by game week rolls around.

We'll have more in this thread from practice. Feel free to share some thoughts, or ask any questions you may have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.