ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona football: Training camp (Day 5)

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, we are here at Arizona training camp Day 5 and the team isn't in full pads. Usually this is the day that team hit full pads, but today isn't that day for the Wildcats.

Still plenty of stuff to talk about and so I wanted to jump in and give my quick takes from today.

Quick takes:

- Wendell Moe

Guard Wendell Moe I'd back at practice after missing the last few to an unknown small injury. Moe is working with the first-team offensive line at his usual position.

- Genesis Smith

Safety Genesis Smith missed practice on Monday and it was safety Owen Goss who stepped into his place playing the nickel position. In the starting secondary was Tacario Davis and Treydan Stukes at cornerback, Gunner Maldonado and Dalton Johnson at safety and Owen Goss at nickel.

- Figuring out backup center

During 11-on-11 drills the starting offense didn't feature Josh Baker at center. Instead the staff had Grayson Stovall taking reps as they try to figure out the backup center spot. I wouldn't make much of Baker not going, it's just the staff seeing what they have behind him.

We'll have more from practice. Feel free to comment, or ask any questions you may have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.