ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona football: Training camp (Day 4)

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, we've wrapped up Day 4 of training camp and I wanted to jump in and share my quick takes from the day. Both Leif Magnuson and Wendell Moe were out and Tetairoa McMillan is still working on the sideline trying to get ready for the start of the season.

Quick takes:

- Jeremiah Patterson is a stud

I think it is clear through the four practices that wide receiver Jeremiah Patterson will be a big part of the Arizona offense and the staff needs to get the football in his hands. Patterson is a great route runner and has the ability to beat the defense over the top with his speed. I think he will be a perfect fit as the slot man next to McMillan.

- Duane Akina setting the tone

When talking to the defensive backs after practice they talked about how Duane Akina's energy really sets the tone for the defense. That it is contagious and that the team feeds off of it. Akina maybe an older coach, but he has the energy that he did when he was with Dick Tomey at Arizona back in the 90's.

- Treydan Stukes is a ball hawk

Through three practices, Stukes has gotten an interception all three days. Plus, he has played all over the field at nickel and both cornerback positions. It seems that he just has a knack for the ball and just cuts at the perfect time to make the play. This might be shaping up for a big final season for the one-time walk-on..

We'll have more from practice here shortly.

Reactions: uascrappy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.