ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona football: Training camp (Day 10)

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, we are back at training camp and just wrapped up Day 10 with the season now 19 days away. I wanted to come in here and share my quick takeaways from the day following the end of the post-practice press conference.

Quick takes:

- Leif Magnuson

Although Leif Magnuson isn't full back going through drills with the team, he was back at practice for the first time in a long time after going down with an unknown injury during the sixth practice of camp. Magnuson from what I saw didn't work much with the strength staff. but was with the offensive line the whole time and was giving tips and advice to underclassmen in the group. It seems like he is close to returning, but has some time to go.

- Tetairoa McMillan

Today was a positive step in the return of star receiver Tetairoa McMillan, who has been working with the strength staff for the majority of camp to get back on the field. McMillan participated in position drills and saw some time during 7-on=7 drills while wearing the red jersey, which means zero contact. He is on track for his time-table to return fully and I expect him to gear up either by the end of the week, or start of next week for the 2024 season.

- Cole Tannenbaum

The backup quarterback spot has been wide open for most of camp and no one really has pulled away from the group. However, Cole Tannenbaum has had a really good camp and has been the most consistent out of the punch. I'm not sure he will be the No. 2 guy when the season rolls around, but Tannenbaum is giving it his all and forcing the staff to giving him a serious look for the position.

We'll have more shortly from practice. Please jump in and ask any questions you may have, or if you want more detail on one of these topics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.