ADVERTISEMENT

Another one gone ...

Matt Moreno

Senior Editor
Staff
Aug 8, 2011
Tucson, AZ
arizona.rivals.com
Bryce Brand has decided to de-commit from Arizona and I would expect an announcement in the not to distant future that he is going to Maryland. Another tough one for the 'Cats simply because it is a position of need, but as has become the case in recruiting it is hard to hold on to so many guys early.

It might just be time to rethink the theory of taking guys early and just have confidence you can pull guys late in the class, because this is going to look worse publicly than having 12-15 guys committed would.

There's no easy fix. It's hard to turn guys away who want to commit in April, May and June but whatever it is right now isn't working and it's not just Arizona but this is a lot of guys to have to lose late in the cycle.

For a lot of people (the ones who would buy tickets to sit at games for example) perception is reality and right now the perception about Arizona is not a good one. It's unfortunate because I still don't think it's as bad as it looks or is perceived but I know what the public things right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News