ADVERTISEMENT

5 Observations from this weekend

gdaurio1

All-American
Oct 29, 2012
1) PJC really surprised me. I was open about saying that I didn't think he was physically or mentally mature enough to contribute this season. I was wrong. He has played great in his first two games. Albeit against lesser opponents, he still looked good.

2) Gabe York is going to get a ton of minutes this year whether you like it or not. Miller trusts him, he is showing leadership on the floor, he's a pest defensively. Would like him to hit the outside shot just a smidge more consistently, but hopefully we can all stop speculating as to which school he's going to transfer to and which player is going to come in and take his minutes away. The kid as earned his minutes. Time to just accept it people.

3) Free throw shooting. It seems fairly obvious that Stanley Johnson is going to be one of our leading free throw takers, if not THE leading free throw taker. He's slightly better than Gordon, but its still a liability. Need to start knocking down the cheap points, because that will make games a lot closer than they need to be once the competition improves.

4) Stanley and Rondae are just straight up unstoppable when they want to be. This isn't really that surprising or unexpected, but its still nice to actually see it happening.

5) Dick Vitale continues to impress me with how little he knows about Arizona. In a recent column ranking the best backcourts in America, he ranks Arizona's as 6th, and mentions Kadeem Allen as a player to keep an eye for. Maybe in 2015/16, seeing how the guy is redshirting this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News