ADVERTISEMENT

Training Camp: Practice No. 4

Troy Hutchison

Staff Writer
Staff
Aug 6, 2021
Tucson, Arizona
arizona.rivals.com
Hey guys, I just have gotten done with practice No. 4 today and will be sharing my takeaways from with you all soon. However, I wanted to let everyone know that the team hasn't gone into full pads yet and will do so on Tuesday.

Here's some quick takeaways from Sunday's practice:

- DJ Williams is very much out of shape and the coaching staff isn't happy about his weight situation. He is listed at 205, but that number doesn't seem accurate given that was his check-in weight at FSU. He looks around 220 maybe even 225, simply put, he isn't in shape.

- Paris Shand was working with the second-team unit with Dion Wilson Jr. worked with the starting defense. Shand has looked really good in practice, so I'm guessing the move is to give guys like Wilson and others a chance to get some reps with the starters.

- Right now, transfer linebacker Anthony Solomon looks to be the fifth guy on the depth chart at that position. As of now, Jerry Roberts, Kolbe Cage, Malik Reed and Ammon Allen are ahead of Solomon, and it is a massive gap.

Be sure to join the conversation and ask myself, Matt or even Ari any questions you may have about Sunday's practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News